Name: Lam Ngoc
of Birth: 31 May 1961
place: Badinh District, Hanoi, Vietnam
University of Dalat
Dean of Department of Environmental Science
01 Phu Dong Thien Vuong St., Dalat, Lamdong
+84 90 66 323 88, Fax: +84 63 82 33 80
- Ph.D. in Environmental Studies, Institute for Environmental
Science and Technology, Hanoi University of Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam.
ranging experience in Natural Resource Management, Climate Change, REDD+,
Waste water engineering and Biodiversity Conservation.
- Doctor of
Philosophy in Engineering,
Institute for Environmental Science and Technology, Hanoi University of
- Master of
Science in Natural Resources and Environment,
University of Dalat, Vietnam, 1995–1997
of Science in Terrestrial Ecology, University
of Dalat and Hanoi University, 1978–1982
- April 2008 – Present: Dean of
Department of Environmental Studies University of Dalat
- March 2001 – April 2008: Lecturer ,
Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Biology, University of Dalat, Vietnam
- March 2000 – March 2001: Deputy Dean
of the Department of Environmental Studies, University of Dalat, Vietnam
- November 1983 – March 2000: Lecturer ,
Faculty of Biology, University of Dalat, Vietnam
- September 2004 – March 2005: Visiting
Researcher at Lund University on Biodegradation of POPs (Supported by SIDA,
- April 2008 – Present: Dean of DES
(Department of Environmental Science) at University of Dalat
- March 2000 – March 2008: Deputy Dean
of the Department of Environmental Science, University of Dalat, Vietnam
- Fundamental of Environmental Science
(for undergraduate students)
- Ecological Census Techniques (for
- Industrial Ecology (for master
- Environment and Sustainable
Development (for undergraduate students)
- Pine forest ecosystem in Lamdong
Province, 2004 , Ministerial Scientific Project (MSP)
- Survey on toxic algal bloom in
XuanHuong Lake (Dalat), 2007, (MSP)
- Bioremoval of heavy metals from
wastewater with microalgae, PhD Dissertation
- Design of Photobioreactor for
microalgal cultivation, 2008, EC Project
- Lam Ngoc Tuan (2008), Removal of
cadmium from wastewater with Chlorella, PhD. Dissertation, Hanoi University of
- Nguyen Thuy Nga, Lam Ngoc Tuan, Muñoz
Raul, Tran Van Nhan, Benoit Guieysse (2006), “Effects of PCP during continuous
BOD removal in algal–bacteria Photobioreactor”, Proceedings of Abstracts, 7th
IWA Specialist Conference on Waste Stabilization Ponds 2006, 137–139.
- Lam Ngoc Tuan, Dinh Van Sam (2006),
“Effect of some environmental factors on the long–term uptake of cadmium in
alga Chlorella spp. CT8.1.2”, Journal of Science and Technology, 44(4), pp.
77–83 (in Vietnamese).
- Lam Ngoc Tuan, Dinh Van Sam (2006),
“Study on the kinetics of cadmium uptake by Chlorella spp. CT8.1.2”, Journal of
Science and Technology, 44(3), pp. 81–88 (in Vietnamese).
- Phach Nguyen Quang, Jean-François
Voisin, Tuân Lâm Ngoc (2006), “Biology of the house swift Apus nipalensis
(Hodgson) in Vietnam”, Revue d'Ecologie (la Terre et la Vie), vol. 61, 383–395.
- Nguyen Thuy Nga, Benoit Guieysse, Lam
Ngoc Tuan, Tran Van Nhan (2005), “Effects of PCP during Salicylate removal in
algal–bacteria consortia under photosynthetic oxygenation”, Regional Symposium
on Chemical Engineering, vol. 3, 100–104.
- Lam Ngoc Tuan, Duong Duc Tien and
Dinh Van Sam (2004), “Isolation, selection of some Chlorella strains for
removal of cadmium from wastewater”, Journal of Genetics and Applications,
Special Issue of 2003–2004, pp. 149–153 (in Vietnamese).
- Lam Ngoc Tuan (2001), “Potential use
of microalgae for treatment of heavy metals”, Journal of Environmental
Protection, No 5/2001, pp. 25–29 and 36 (in Vietnamese).
- Lam Ngoc Tuan (1999), “Some results
on breeding of House Swift (Apus affinis) in Lamdong Province”, Scientific
Bulletin, University of Dalat, pp.129–133 (in Vietnamese).
- Lam Ngoc Tuan (1999), “The pine forest in Lamdong Province
– an important habitat to the life of birds.”, Scientific Bulletin, University
of Dalat, pp.121–127 (in Vietnamese).
SOME GRADUATE STUDENT SUPERVISION
- Le Thi Ngoc Trinh (2010), Removal of
ammonium in domestic wastewater using Oscillatoria agardhii, M.Sc. Thesis.
- Phan Hoang Minh Huy (2010), Removal
of nickel, chrome and zinc ions from wastewater by biosorbents, M.Sc. Thesis.
- Nguyen Huy Minh (2009), Using natural
mineral water from Ninh Son (Ninh Thuan) for mass culturing of Spirulina
platensis, B. Sc. Theme.
- Do Thi Kim Ngan (2009), Survey on
crop residues in DaLat, B.Sc Theme. B.Sc Theme.
- Le Thi Anh Tu (2007), Screening of
bacterium strains for the purpose of bioflocculation of microalgal biomass from
cultures, M.Sc. Thesis.
- Le Thi Anh Tu (2005), Screening of
Chlorella strains for the purpose of biodegradation of pentachlorophenol, B.Sc
- Le Thi Van (2004), Removal of cadmium
and manganese ion from aqueous solution by Chlorella CT04.1.2, B.Sc Theme.
- Nguyen Thuy Tram (2004), Removal of
cadmium and manganese ions from aqueous solution by Sargassum biomass, B.Sc
- Nguyen Thi Thuy (2002), Isolation of
bacteria for the purpose of degradation of nitrogen compounds in wastewater,
- Vo Van Anh (2002), Removal of nitrogen and phosphorus from
wastewater with a green alga Chlorella, B.Sc Theme.
- Ha Thanh Tung (1995), Breeding biology of house swift in
Lamdong, B.Sc Theme.
- Nguyen Phuc Trai (1992), Birds of pine forests in Dalat,
- Assistant Coordinator for the Development
of Vietnam National FPIC Guidelines and Associated Operational Materials; April
– November 2013 (UNOPS).
- Co-team-leader for Curriculum Development
on Climate Change (Module LUP-CC), LEAF Project, 25 May 2013 to 16 Aug 2013.
- Writing Team Member of Case Study on Low
Emissions Land Use Planning in Lamdong, Vietnam; May 14-24, 2013 (LEAF and US
- National Consultant for the project
“Civil Society Capacity Building for Preventive Anti-Corruption measures in
Reducing Emission through Deforestation and Degradation mechanisms (PAC REDD)”
by Transparency International Secretariat.
- Lecturer for the Training Workshop on
“Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation”, Nghean,
Vietnam, July 16-17, 2012 (SNV).
- National Consultant for Provincial
Workshop on “REDD+ and international requirement for REDD+ development and
implementation”, Lamdong, Vietnam, April 2012 (UN-REDD).
- National Consultant for Development
of a Booklet about Climate Change and REDD+, April 2012 (UN-REDD).
- Facilitator for the National Kick-Off
Workshop “Participatory Governance Assessment for REDD+, Hanoi, Vietnam, March
- National Consultant for REDD+ and
Conflict over Forests and Lands in Vietnam, Lamdong, Vietnam, June – November
- National Consultant for Training on raising awareness and
writing news articles about Climate Change and Reducing Emission from
Deforestation and Forest Degradation in Developing countries, Da Nang, Vietnam,
November 2011 (UN-REDD).
- National Consultant for FPIC workshop with forest owner
and manager, Lamdong, Vietnam, October 2011 (UN-REDD).
- National Consultant for Joint Workshop on REDD+ and
Development Planning of UN-REDD Program and MPI project on Sustainable
Development and Climate Planning, Lamdong, Vietnam, June 2011 (UN-REDD).
- National Consultant for Piloting FPIC for UN-REDD, Lamdong,
Vietnam, March 2010 – 2011 (UN-REDD).
WORKSHOPS AND TRAININGS
- Consultation Workshop on “Project of
establishment of Viet Nam REDD+ Fund”, Hanoi,
27 August 2013.
- Workshop on "REDD+
implementation planning at local level",
Hanoi, 22 August 2013.
- LEAF regional training workshop on
“LEAF Climate Change Curriculum Development”, Bangkok, Thailand, 5-16 August
- Integrating Climate Change into
Forestry and Natural Resource Management Curricula Workshop; Bangkok, Thailand,
October 5th – 6th 2012.
- The Exchange on “Climate Change and
REDD+: Opportunities and Challenges”, Dalat, Vietnam, 12th May 2012.
- Integrating REDD+ and PES into
Forestry and Natural Resource Management Curricula; Bangkok, Thailand, 30th
- TFD’s Scoping Dialogue on the
Exclusion and Inclusion of Women in the Forest Sector, Kathmandu, Nepal, September
- National Kick-Off Workshop on “The
Lowering Emissions in Asia’s Forests (LEAF) program”, Nghean, Vietnam, July 13,
- LEAF Regional Workshop in partnership
with Integrating Climate Change into Forestry and Natural Resource Management
Curricula within Lower Mekong Initiative Countries, Bangkok, Thailand, 29-30 April
- Provincial Workshop on “REDD+ and international
requirement for REDD+ development and implementation”, Towards Transparency, Lamdong,
Vietnam, April 2012.
- Forest Governance Learning Group 8th Global Meeting: “No
Forest without Rights, Organization and Capacity”, Hue, Vietnam, March 2012.
- National Kick-Off Workshop “Participatory Governance
Assessment for REDD+ in Vietnam, Hanoi, Vietnam, March 2012.
- Training on Strengthening the capacity of stakeholders in
forestry to reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD),
RECOFTC, in Lamdong, February 2012.
- Regional FPIC Workshop, Hanoi, June 2010.
undersigned, certify that to the best of my knowledge and belief, this CV
correctly describes myself, my qualifications, and my experience. I understand
that any willful misstatement described herein may lead to my disqualification
or dismissal, if engaged.
Date: September 30, 2013
Lam Ngoc Tuan